Saturday, July 15, 2017

Making Memories Crafting Challenge - Team B

A while back I was invited to join the Making Memories Crafting Challenge Blog DT and I am thrilled to share my first card for them with you. I got a little ahead of myself and had my card go live on the first day of the challenge, but my day to post is the 15th of the month - oops!!  Newbie jitters!

My card features rectangles using images from three stamps sets from Right At Home Stamps.  I'm a little obsessed with them right now and having fun with the purchase I made a couple of months ago.  The tea cups are from a set called Cup of Joy , the sentiment is from an accompanying set called How Have You Bean?, and the cup decorations are from Abstract Florals.

Luckily, I had a whole day to play as I created this card!  Instead of using Copics, I decided to pull out my Distress Inks and work on the no-line faux watercolor technique.  I used the variety of colors of 1" ink cubes in my stash to create contrast.  It was a great adventure in mixing colors rather than layering on the same color.  I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Take a peek HERE at the inspiration from the rest of the Making Memories Crafting Challenge DT  has created for you this month.  We have two fabulous sponsors.  The Cutting Cafe is giving 3 cutting files to one winner and Cute As A Button is giving 3 digis to a second winner.  Hope you play along with us this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy