Tuesday, July 4, 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches #230 - Colour Challenge

Each member of the DT has the opportunity to host the CAS Colours and Sketches Blog challenges and July is my month to host!  I'll have two colour and two sketches for you to try your hand at this month.

This week is a colour challenge and I thought a couple of the new 2017-18 SU! In-colors should come out to play this week.  We're using Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist, and Island Indigo.  Feel free to substitute colours (like I have done with my background color).  You may also use other neutrals in your card design.

You can find the rules here on the CC&S Blog.

My card features a mermaid from the creative hand of Tammy Seimers-Thompson, the artist behind A Day for Daisies.  This one is a stamp, but if you like her style, Tammy has thousands of digis for sale in her shop.  My mermaid's colored with Copics.  The sentiment is pieced together from a couple of different sets;  one is an SU! set Labeler Alphabet.

I hope you will come by the CC&S Blog to see what the rest of the DT has for you this week and then make some time to create something!  Hope to see you in the gallery!

Challenges Entered:
Aurora Wings #53/ - AG
Crafty Cardmakers #192/ - Bingo (embossing, stamp, summer)
Make My Monday #49/ - Summer Brights
2 Sisters on the Blog #5/ - Beach
Crea Chicky #12 /- AG/Summer
Addicted to Stamps #151/ - Summer/beaches

17 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Cathy and I love the texture of the embossing and how it reminds me of water. Such a pretty mermaid and lovely CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card. Thank you for joining our challenge. If you are not a follower yet, maybe you like to follow us?
    Love Carolone DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice card.
    Thank you for joining us.
    Nicolette DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty and colourful card

    Thank you for joining us with our 'Tic, Tac, Toe' Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers

    June/DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. I love the embossed background!
    Thanks for joining our challenge at Crea Chicky’s Good luck!!
    Jolanda
    (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this colour combo, so fresh and vibrant. Loving the theme of your card, so fun and the embossing matches perfectly. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the embossed background that you used and that you only part embossed the card front. Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card. Love the background. Great to see you in the Make My Monday gallery. Hope you join us again soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card your choice of embossing perfectly compliments the sweet image, thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that adorable mermaid, great use of those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome use of the colors - love the mermaid!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet little mermaid! I love her balloons. The embossing is great for representing ocean waves!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card! I love the embossed background. It really matches with the mermaid. Thank you for joining Addicted to Stamps challenge.
    Sai

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wonderful card. I love your mermaid image and the embossed background is a fab detail. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so sweet!! I love the embossed background!!!
    So sorry for being late with my commenting but Thanks so much for playing along with us at Aurora Wings Challenge blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy