Tuesday, June 27, 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches #229 - Sketch Challenge

Holy Hannah, Jane's sketch had me on the ropes and pushed my thinking a lot! I went through my stamps, but couldn't find anything that worked.  In the end, the card turned out, but it's not at all what I had in mind when I started!  When I uploaded it to the CAS Colours & Sketches blog, my design looked super-similar to Jane's card!  Crazy!

I used flower dies from MFT and made the centers with distress inks on watercolor paper.  After playing with ink placement, I sprayed it lightly with water and die cut it.  The variation added some fun interest to the flowers.  The background embossing folder is a larger one from Cuttlebug.  A simple color palette makes the white flowers and centers pop!

Hope to see you card in the gallery this week on the CAS Colours and Sketches Blog!

Challenges Entered:
Stemplegarten #62/ - CAS
Sparkles Forum Challenge #93 July - Embossing
International Art & Soul #11 - Flowers
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends #60/ - AG
Creatalicious Challenges #117 - AG/ dies or punches


13 comments:

  1. Well what do you know, they say great minds think alike! Fabulous and fun and I'm loving that textured background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Cathy. I like the contrast of the background with the daisies. They do really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those daisies are perfect ! Great take of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card. The embossing is unique and works so well with the daisies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I like your interpretation of the sketch. Those daisies are perfect for the circles. I really like that embossed design you used. Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work. {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges} Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAB textured BG and it really makes the daisies POP! hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely and it really works as a design (if you see what I mean???) Love the daisies on the grey background - brilliant card. Thank you so much for playing along with our IntAAS (Flowers) challenge this fortnight. Hope we see you again very soon. Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab CAS card Cathy. Love the embossed background. Thanks for sharing with us at Creatalicious and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cathy what a lovely CAS-card. Your embossed background is great and I love the wonderful fresh spring flowers, really popping with your background colours and perfectly arranged.

    Thank you very much for joining us at the Stempelgarten Challenge.

    Hugs and good luck
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your embossed background and the daisies are delightful. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the bright and sunny daisies and the textured background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your design, it's original and pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What alovely cas card, love the daisies.


    Thanks for joining us at sparkles monthly challenge
    Tracey dt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy