Monday, October 24, 2016

No Lion- Once Sketch, Two Cards!


I'm back today with an image from Sandra Caldwell's new release this week.  This image is called #1133 Barely A Coward.  I started coloring the lion in traditional colors and then as I was going to work one day, I had the idea to color him in blues for a baby card (boys have been born in my family lately).  My idea for blue changed when I pulled out my 6x6 pack of boy baby papers.  The sentiment on the left is from PTI and the one below is a die from Mama Elephant.  I borrowed an idea from one of my fellow DT members, Bonnie Irving, and double fussy cut the turquoise lion from Bermuda Bay paper,

The sketch from this week's Paper Players challenge is used for the card layout on both cards.

Check out Sandra's Etsy shop for all of today's images and Sandra Caldwell Stamp Fans Facebook Page to take at peek at the DT work.

10 comments:

  1. These are both simply ADORABLE, Cathy! Love the colors you chose. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy, what an adorable lion, love the colouring and the background is fabulous.Thank you for joining us at Crafty Friends, good luck in the draw. Jennifer Dt member x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute image which has been coloured so nicely. Love your design and colours chosen. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your 2 adorable Lion cards… really like how you have chosen different colours to colour the lion in... he is just so fab !!!
    Please join us again next time. Good luck!
    [Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lion image is just too adorable, I love lions and but never considered them cute, these cards have changed my opinion. Love the colours and the lion really stands out on both cards.
    Thanks so much for sharing your creation at
    Anything goes October link-up, Just keep on creating
    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, fun image!
    Thank you for joining us at The Pencil Case! Jane (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great couple cards! ​ ​​I sa​w​ one of them linked at Send a Smile 4 Kids and had to come see it and your blog. I am now your newest follower and would ​be honored​ if you visited my blog and became a follower too. http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/​

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh he's adorable! Thanks for taking the time to join in with us at The Pencil Case

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card,than you for joining in with us at world wide open and good luck

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy