Saturday, October 12, 2013

Sketch Saturday - Sketch # 280

It's been a crazy week without much spare time, so I am double-dipping two DT Challenges with my card. One is Sketch Saturday's weekly sketch.  It's a Simon Says Stamp sponsor week at Sketch Saturday. That means $25 goes to the lucky winner!  Good luck to everyone!


The other DT Challenge is for an anything goes challenge at Color Me Creative (CMC). Bugaboo Stamps is the sponsor and generously provided images for the DT.  I wanted to stretch myself with coloring, so I have fun looking through their site for an image.  Bugaboo has a line of witty old fogeys digis. This one is called Stella and Gus - Deck of Cards. The inside says:  In the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond. By the end, you wish you had a club and a spade. I got a chuckle reading that one - after 37 years of marriage, I've had those moments!  I'm sure my husband has too!  I wonder who takes the most grief, Gus or Stella?!?

Hope to have the chance to visit your blog on my travels this week.  I'm looking forward to your creativity!

Challenges Entered:
Use It Tuesday - scraps, pieces, odds & ends (scrap drawer papers, previously punched hearts from old Valentine paper, buttons
Divas By Design - 3 or more layers
The Southern Girls Challenge - Song inspired (The Gambler)
Totally Papercrafts - paper, image, embellishments
Card Crafters Circle - three embellishments
613 Avenue Create - anything goes
Make It Monday - anything goes

13 comments:

  1. Love the card and the witty sentiments, beautiful coloring and the papers are perfect Cathy. Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT colouring Cathy! And such a hoot of a sentiment!!! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with your bugaboo image. Love your paper.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that gorgeous? love the colours and the image is so funny.
    thanks for sharing at Use it Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, really bright and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card love the Bugaboo image and sentiment-thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is brilliant Cathy! I love that sentiment! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card with a fun sentiment. Love your paper choice. Thanks for joining us at TPC this week. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Bugaboo and this card is brilliant. Thanks for joining us at Divas, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! I think I'll take that club and spade right about now - Scott probably too! The papers go perfect with that image and I love how you added the buttons on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cute! I love the image. thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice design and I love the image and sentiment! I cracked up when I read it! Very nicely designed and executed! Thanks for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy