Friday, October 4, 2013

SIster Act Challenge #27

Sentiment - Adjusted Sails by Verve.  Flowers - WPlus 9
I usually like to work ahead with my DT cards, but this week I pushed right up to the deadline.  I have a feeling it was meant to be.  This morning as I was visiting blogs, I came across a card Joanie Mc made for  Link Up for Pink! - a Breast Cancer awareness blog, and I was instantly inspired. Already planning to give this Unity stamp called Adjusted Sails the chalkboard look, my card started to unfold.  I sent the card my sister-in-law, who, after coming through Hodgkin's lymphoma in her teens, was diagnosed with breast cancer in her 30s and had a double mastectomy.  She is a survivor and has been cancer free for about 10 years.  Her spirit and faith is inspirational. It was such a lovely morning making this card with her in mind.

This week's anything goes challenge at the Sister Act Blog is Ink and Whimsy 2.  I hope you'll make time to link a card.  Make it pink and post it at Link Up for Pink, too.

By the way - The Operation Write Home Blog Hop is going on through the month of October.
My OWH blog post has the deets!

Challenges entered:
Use It Tuesday Challenge #64 - Two hoarded items (Perfect Pearls - used on the flower centers, and the patterned paper across the bottom of the card)
Shopping Our Stash - Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness month
Divas By Design - CAS
Crafting by Designs - anything goes
Southern Girls Challenge Blog -musically inspired  (Come Sail Away by Styx)
613 Avenue Create - anything goes




Party Time Tuesdays - Spooky Little Monsters



12 comments:

  1. Cathy, I love this card. I have seen that quote on other cards and was immediately drawn to it. How did you do that border across the bottom? Patterned paper with a text stamp printed on top? Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could take credit for the paper - it came that way, though!

      Delete
  2. Love everything about this- the papers are perfect and that saying is great. Mary will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, this is awesome! Love pink and green together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sentiment on your lovely card. I am very glad you entered this week at LUFP. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge. Remember to get the girls checked and remind a friend! :-) Together we can beat Breast Cancer!!!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Link Up For Pink DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous sentiment, just perfect for breast cancer awareness!!! Lovely card!!!
    Thanks for joining our linking party!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card. I love the embossing and the quote. So happy to be joining you at Sister Act Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card!!! Just beautiful!! I love the sentiment/quote. Thanks for joining LUFP linking party and hope to see more of your creations here.

    Hugs
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazingly elegant card, saw it on LUFP

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome. I also saw it on LUFP. Hugs~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! I saw this on Link Up For Pink and had to check it out. Love the sentiment and the layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy