Thursday, July 11, 2013

Ten Minute Card?!?!

Today's challenge for the Summer Card Camp Class is a 10 minute card.  All I can say is my cards had the potential to be done in 10 minutes.  They are certainly simple enough.  Full disclosure - it was way longer than 10 minutes.  I had such high hopes, but didn't meet the timeframe of the challenge.

This was my first try.  I decided to dry emboss the top portion of my shape card, and then felt it needed a border.  (Not so sure it was necessary in the end, but I was already glued and not coming off!!)  Mounting the word thank stumped me for the longest time.  It needed something behind the orange letters. And then there was a decision about the center of the flower!   What color?  Buttons?  Yikes!  After toying around with double mounted buttons, I saw the jewel I had colored orange on my desk.  Finally - done!

My yellow card came about because at one point I discarded the turquoise card and started again.  I ended up stamping the background with PTI's Mini Blooms set in Lemon Tart.  I used Melon Mambo embossing powder for the word you, and was planning to use the die cut letters for thank, but no good - wrong placement, so I went back to the first card! Not wanting to leave this card undone, I added the border strip down the side and then found a flower on a scrap of paper left from Tuesday's card, cut it out and mounted it with foam.

The thank you sentiment is from PTI and the die cut letters are from Simon Says Stamp.

See - the potential is there for a 10 minute card!  Which one do you like better?


9 comments:

  1. I love both cards - but your first one is my favorite. I love the fact that the rhinestone matches the "thank" on the sentiment. the crisp, clean color choice is fabulous and I love the shape of the card. You rocked the 10 minute challenge!
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards came out really nice!! I know what you mean about the simplicity but taking forever. I was the same!! Mine took 10 minutes, 10 seconds but I was stressed when I was done and felt it could have looked a lot better if I had taken more time. I like how you used a shape for your cards too. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the second one better, because I like yellow so much and I like the trim with the flower. You are a hoot! I'm so glad you explained all that -- makes the rest of us feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both pretty! I think I like the second one better, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shape of your cards! Both gorgeous for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both, but the flower background on the second one catches my eye the most.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both pretty, but I think I like your second one a tad more. I love the softness of the yellow. I love reading peoples process, it makes me feel not alone, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of your cards are great. I like the blue one with that pretty white flower very nice job..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Making a ten minute card would be a huge challenge for me too. I love the turqoise card- like the partial embossing. The yellow card is cute also- like the homemade background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy