Sunday, February 3, 2013

A CAS Weekend

Back again.  I signed up for a Clean and Simple Card class online on Friday night.  The class was four days in and continues through mid February.  I've spent the weekend working on CAS cards - which most certainly are NOT simple for me!!  My goodness - I could have colored a ream's worth of cards with my Copics in the amount of time it took me to do two cards yesterday!!

Here are a few that didn't end up in the trash . . .

Day 2's Lesson was a one layer white card.
I pulled out my Morning Cup set from Stampin' Up! to make this card (the sentiment is from PTI).  It's stamped with Memento Black and I used a few Copics to add the red and shade the teapot and the cup.  I used my SU real red marker to "doodle" the lines around the card.  In other renditions, I used a rule to make straight lines, but I like the doodle.  It looks effortless, but believe me ~ it wasn't!  You should see how many tries didn't work out.



                                                                                   




This is another version I made, using glitter for the border.  This one was a keeper too.







One of the ideas in Day 3's Lesson was stamping on address labels, cutting them into strips, putting them down on the card front and then stamping on top of them.  I didn't have a background stamp that was particularly graphic, so I make my own in a Valentine's Day theme.  I used stamps from Cornish Heritage Farms Hugs and Kisses and PTI's Tage It's 11 and Tremendous Treats Valentines.  It took a little while to put the background together (again making this not-so-simple!!!)  I made this card a bit bigger so you could see the lines between the cut labels.

As I was stamping on the labels, I had the idea to just stamp the background I created right onto paper and then make a CAS card, which is the one you see below.



This is one of my weekend favorites!  All of those pink stamps are separate stamps from three Valentine sets!  I wished I had one of those Fiskers presses when I was making the background.  Life would have been much simpler!  I also decided to enter it in the Moxie Fab World Background Challenge.


Stay tuned for more CAS adventures!







2 comments:

  1. That paper doll border is soooo cute. And what a fun idea about the labels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you did the background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy