Saturday, March 21, 2015

Sketch Saturday - Sketch #353

Welcome back to another Saturday and a new sketch to play with!

My image is from our sponsor Bugaboo Digi Stamps.  I wasn't thinking about the sketch when I chose this image, so I had the opportunity to think a little more creatively about how I wanted to use it.
I decided to use the image as my flag and pulled out an MFT stitched fishtail die to create my shaped panel.  The other two layers are trimmed using my layers.  The image is called Thank You Tulip Block.  I ended up cropping off the black line border around three sides and used my gingham ribbon to camouflage the 4th.  It gives a whole new look to the digi!












My image is colored with Copics.  I used R22, 24, 27 and R39 for the deepest shading.  The leaves are a combination of Gs and YGs, with the lights color YG00 and the deepest YG 67 (which I cannot find on my craft desk to save my soul!!).

Stop by the Sketch Saturday Blog to take a peek and be inspired.  I'm excited to see your take on the sketch!

Challenges Entered:
Fab 'n 'Funky Challenge #251/ - Spring colors
Little Red Wagon #281/ - All Tied Up!
Crafters Cafe #108/ - Show your Season!
Paper Shelter #195/ - Spring Delights
Cute Card Thursday #365/ - Spring Fever




11 comments:

  1. Lovely card with a gorgeous image in beautiful colours. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Cathy, wonderful image, lovely colour.
    ~ Denise ~
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I like the deep reds you chose, makes me feel like spring is really here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card - love this floral design, thank you for playing along at TPS this week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card the image is gorgeous so is the design, thank you so much for sharing this with us at FAB 'N' FUNKY this week.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE, love the sweet tulips with the red and white polka dots and gingham! Can't lose with that combo, in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so pretty. Thanks for joining our All Tied Up Challenge at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soo Loovely. Thank you for participating at Fab`nFunky challenge, Hope to see you in the next challenge too.// Zora DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh MY this is so so beautiful Cathy!! It makes me all that more anxious for spring and seeing tulips! Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love your red tulips Cathy and that ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy